Thursday, July 11, 2013

What are your summer essentials?


Now that the weather is getting hotter, it's time to take special care of my skin and hair. Though we come from a tropical country, we need to get used to the heat again given that we've spent the last 7 months in US' cooling spring/winter season. And it's always such a dilemma. We want to soak up the sun and enjoy the long days, but the rays are so damaging!

I must say that my skin and hair survive so much better in cold weather than hot ones! So, my summer essentials are:

1. Neutrogena's Ultimate Sport Spray Sunscreen which I bought from Costco together with its Sport Face Oil Free Lotion. Both resist sweat, are oil free and provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Best of all, I can just conveniently spray it on.

2. Umberto Dry Shampoo. This is the only dry shampoo I found at Target and online reviews seem to be quite positive! I like how clean it makes my hair feel after sweating on a warm summer day.

3. Schwarzkopf got2b Beach Trippin' Salt Infusion Waving Spray. It works best when you have wet hair and you don't plan to blow dry it. That is, if you like the dry + messy beach look.

I've been wearing visors, caps and hats too just so that I can protect my face from the sun. Back home these are accessories... but here, they are definitely necessities!

No comments:

Post a Comment