Thursday, August 1, 2013

What's for lunch at Sunnyvale?


With one of Panda's awesome colleagues, Lisa 

Panda and his colleague, Lisa were going for a client meeting in Sunnyvale. Since I haven't been to that area before, Panda asked me to tag along for lunch.

Lisa suggested Faz, a Mediterranean restaurant around the area. I wasn't an adventurous eater and was wondering what Mediterranean food is. The menu turned out to be great; a wide selection salads, pasta, pizza, sandwiches and kabobs etc. Their naan with balsamic vinegar/olive oil dip, which they served while waiting for our mains, was also awesome.

Faz doesn't have fabulous yelp reviews but it's mainly due to service. We also had to wait some time for our food and water refills. But they made up for it with taste and portion. 

Naan with balsamic vinegar and olive oil dip

Grilled avocado and prawn salad 

Blackened salmon sandwich

Italian sausage pizza

I packed home half the pizza cos I couldn't finish it. Panda said it still tasted good for lunch the next day. I would probably try their kabobs next time.

After that, I headed to the nearby Panera Bread for hazelnut coffee and free wifi to wait for Panda (another one of Lisa's recommendations). There's free refill for coffee too! Yay!

That sort of concludes my first visit to Sunnyvale. It may seem uneventful but I really enjoyed the lunch out. Thanks, Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment