Thursday, August 14, 2014

Arts and Craft: The Mountains are Calling

Saw this post sitting in my drafts and was wondering why it hasn't been posted. Then I remembered, I was clearing some back log on my travels to the Kootenay Rockies and Yellowstone.

Must have had an overdose of mountains and overlooked this trio here. Heh.



I hand felted this after my series of trips to the mountains. I adore snow-capped mountains and had a blast making these tiny weeny models, especially after I have seen the likes of the Grand Tetons and the Kootenay Rockies.

Like all first-time felters though, I pricked my finger a few times before learning my lesson: Keep your eyes on that long, thin evil NEEDLE!

It was really funny because Jo came over in the afternoon after our power walk, and I was excitedly demonstrating to her my new found skill.

"See, it's pretty easy! You just keep poking at it all over really fast like this... OOOUCH! S***!"

"OMG, Graaaace!"

I had punctured my finger again. One more bloody hole.

What do the Chinese say, about something being the work of blood and sweat? Yeah, The Mountains are Calling is pretty much it.

But would I felt again? Yes, definitely.

The end product is too nice to give up, just because of a few holey fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment