Saturday, April 27, 2013

DIY gelish nails

I haven't done any manicure or pedicure ever since I came to US. Something which I missed terribly. Main reason is cost - it's gonna be pricey especially if I opt for gelish nails which will last much longer than normal polish.

So Panda very sweetly got me the Sally Hansen Salon Gel Polish Starter Kit. It's available in Target for around US$60. (The last I checked it's not available in Singapore yet!) It'd already be worth my money if I use it more than twice. The cheapest gelish manicure I've done back home is around US$32.

The set comes with this:
· 1 LED Lamp
· 1 Gel Base Coat
· 1 Gel Nail Color
· 1 Gel Top Coat
· 10 Nail Cleanser Pads
· Acetone Remover
· Cuticle Stick
· File & Buffer
· Instruction sheet

The steps are very easy to follow. For someone like me who is not used to painting my own nails though, it can be rather tricky! But I got the hang of it after a while and amazingly my right hand turned out to be nicer than the left, simply because I had much practice by then.

Here are more photos of the kit, and the results of my first attempt.

*Tip: Although instructions call for nails to be cured for 30s each time, I find it better to let them stay longer under the LED light. Average no. of times I've pressed the light for each coat = 5.







No comments:

Post a Comment